A lot of men do not even think about the fact that they may have health problems. However, statistics show that prostate cancer occurs in 7% of men. This disease is widespread in men over 60 years.
Present-day medicine allows diagnosing and treating prostate cancer successfully. Best hospitals for prostate cancer treatment in Europe use Lutetium therapy. This method of prostate cancer treatment is safer for patients, as well as more effective than conventional treatments.
What is the danger of prostate cancer?
The specificity of prostate cancer is that the tumor develops very slowly. At the initial stage, the disease cause no noticeable symptoms. Therefore, men over 40 should annually be examined by a doctor, as well as undergo tests regularly. Early detection of the tumor can significantly increase the chances of effective prostate cancer treatment.
The danger of prostate cancer is the late diagnosis when the tumor is revealed at advanced stages when it has metastases and its treatment with traditional methods has low efficacy.
Why does prostate cancer develop?
Scientists have compiled a list of factors that increase the risk of developing prostate cancer:
- Genetic predisposition. The risk of developing cancer increases if your close relatives had a tumor of this type.
- Age-related hormonal changes. Hormonal imbalance leads to a disturbance of the cell division, which may cause a failure in the antitumor immunity.
- Inappropriate nutrition. The imbalance of nutrients, as well as the consumption of large amounts of fat and food containing carcinogens, can increase the risk of cancer development.
- Bad habits such as drinking alcohol and smoking increase the risk of developing prostate cancer.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
Prostate cancer has no specific symptoms. It is often found by accident, during a preventive check-up with a urologist or therapist. That is why it is so important to have regular preventive check-ups.
Most often, advanced prostate cancer will cause such symptoms:
- Weak and irregular stream of urine.
- Incomplete emptying of the bladder.
- Frequent urination.
- Frequent calls for bladder emptying at night.
- Blood in urine and semen.
The simplest and most cost-effective diagnostic method is the determination of PSA (prostate-specific antigen) blood level. Today it is the most widespread screening method for prostate cancer diagnosis. The method is very simple and is performed like a usual blood test.
For a comprehensive diagnosis, ultrasound examination and X-ray methods are used. They allow more accurate determination of the size of the tumor, as well as the condition of other organs.
Until recently, the main treatment options for prostate cancer were surgery and radiation therapy. However, modern medicine has safer methods, such as Lutetium therapy.
There is a specific protein on the prostate cells, the amount of which increases significantly with the development of prostate cancer. Men with prostate cancer have increased PSMA concentration.
Lutetium-177 emits beta radiation, which effectively destroys cancer cells. By targeting the PSMA molecule, the radiation-based treatment with Lutetium becomes very precise, as it affects only cancer cells, reducing the negative impact on the patient’s body.
It has been proven that men who follow the recommendations on cancer prevention have a low risk of prostate cancer. There are several main measures aimed at prostate cancer prevention.
- Healthy lifestyle, avoiding harmful habits such as smoking and alcohol abuse.
- A balanced diet, in which special attention should be paid to fruits and vegetables. It is necessary to limit the consumption of foods containing large amounts of animal fats.
Every year the number of patients who wish to undergo treatment abroad is increasing significantly. This is due to the availability of modern equipment in foreign hospitals. The medical tourism operator Booking HealthIn will help you to select the best hospital for the treatment of prostate cancer in Europe.
With the help of Booking Health, your treatment will be most effective and easy, because the company’s specialists will take care of all your problems. You can find detailed information on the website of the medical tourism operator Booking Health.