27.8 C
New York
Sunday, May 17, 2026
HomeHeadline news20-year-old man charged with rape in Bolton

20-year-old man charged with rape in Bolton

Date:

Related stories

Trump signals opposition to Taiwan independence after talks with Xi

Highlights: Donald Trump warned Taiwan against formally declaring independence...

India-US trade deal stalls as USTR investigation complicates new round of talks

sHighlights: A US trade delegation is expected to visit...

Trump-Xi Beijing summit to focus on Iran as US raises concerns over China-Tehran ties

Highlights: President Donald Trump will visit Beijing on May...

 

A 20-year-old Bolton man has been charged with rape of a woman, media reports said.

Prashant Gurung of Manchester Road, Bolton, will appear at Wigan Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday (21), police said. Earlier, he has been remanded into custody.

According to police, the alleged attack took place in the early hours of Saturday (17) in Bolton town centre.

Police previously arrested three other males in connection with the incident. They have all been bailed while further enquiries are made.

- Advertisement -

A spokesperson for the force said: “Greater Manchester Police are continuing our enquiries and reviewing the CCTV in the local area.

“We also encourage anyone that has information to contact our detectives on 0161 856 5757 quoting 598 17/09/22. You can also speak anonymously with the independent charity, Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.”

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories